WinRAR is one of the most famous archivers. There is no need to explain that it supports RAR archiving. In addition, the program can work with archives ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE 2.0, BZIP, JAR, UUE, GZIP, BZIP2 and 7-Zip, while it has many very useful features - encryption, support for continuous (solid) archives, in which the compression ratio can be 10 - 50% more than with conventional compression methods, a special algorithm for compressing multimedia files, support for multivolume archives and much more.
Features of the program:
- Full support for RAR and ZIP archives
- Using the original highly efficient data compression algorithm
- The presence of a graphical shell with support for drag and drop technology
- Command Line Interface Ability
- Management of archives of other formats (CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, TAR.GZ, BZ2, TAR.BZ2, ACE, UUE, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z)
- Support for continuous archiving method for better compression
- Support for multivolume archives
- Create self-extracting (SFX) regular and multivolume archives using standard or optional SFX modules
- The ability to recover physically damaged archives
- The ability to create and use recovery volumes to recreate missing portions of multivolume archives.
- Support for Unicode encoding in file names
- Additional functions (encryption of data and file names in the archive, adding archive comments, maintaining an error log)
- Using a third-party design of the program interface in the form of separate themes