K-Lite Codec Pack 16.4.0 Mega/Full/Standard/Basic + Update
The K-Lite Codec Pack is the most popular free pack of codecs, DirectShow filters and related tools. Differs in the absence of conflicts between codecs, ease of installation and use. Allows you to view and listen to all popular and a large number of rare video and audio formats.
- Internal compatibility of components. The K-Lite distribution is always tested for compatibility by specialists. When installing codecs on your own, it is easy to come to the "Codec hell" situation, since many filters do not get along with each other. To eliminate conflicts, you need to look for the cause of the "evil" and remove one or another component using special utilities.
- Good Windows compatibility. Apart from the aforementioned lack of conflicts, it is easy to completely remove the package from the system without any traces. During installation, K-Lite checks for other codecs in the system and suggests their use during installation, among other options. Also, at the installation stage, a search for faulty codecs is performed and it is proposed to fix them.
- Flexible customization. There are 5 package options available for download with various configurations, 3 installation modes and profiles are also offered. For each multimedia format, you can choose a suitable decoder from the available options; by default, K-Lite selects the most optimal one. For Windows 7 and 8 users, a special Preferred Filter Tweaker for Windows 7 and 8 utility is provided to configure preferred codecs bypassing the OS.
- Regular updates. The user does not need to follow the update of each audio or video codec or other components: K-Lite always contains the latest versions.
Comparison of package versions:
- Basic contains all the major codecs for playing a media resource on a PC. This is the lightest and simplest package with which you will be able to watch / listen to music and movies using any player convenient for you. There are DirectShow audio / video decoding filters (LAV Audio and Video), DirectShow source and subtitle filters (LAV Splitter and VSFilter), Codec Tweak Tool, and Icaros ThumbnailProvider and Icaros PropertyHandler extensions.
- Standard also includes Media Player Classic HomeCinema, DVD MPEG-2 decoder (opens up more options when playing DVDs), MediaInfo Lite utility, which displays detailed information about a media file.
- Full compared to the standard version, this includes madVR - a high quality renderer, GraphStudioNext diagnostic utility and additional DirectShow filters.
- Mega contains ACM and VFW codecs, DirectShow filters, additional utilities. During installation, you will be offered a video player to choose from: Media Player Classic HomeCinema or Media Player Classic Regular.
- Download HERE